What kid doesn’t love pizza? It’s the one reason M asks me if he can have hot lunch from time to time. This pizza quesadilla is an easy answer. It’s certainly not the healthiest thing going, but at least I control the amount of cheese and toppings.
Pizza Quesadilla, Mini Sweet Bell Peppers, Cucumber slices and Ranch for dipping, Clementine slices
- 1 tortilla
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices pepperoni
- Heat a pan or skillet on medium heat.
- Lay tortilla flat on bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on the bottom 1/2 of the tortilla.
- Lay pepperoni slices on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Fold over the top 1/2 (without the cheese/toppings) onto the bottom half and press down with a spatula.
- Cook for a few minutes until bottom side is browned.
- Flip over and cook a few minutes more until other side is browned and cheese is melty.
Serve with marinara sauce or ranch for dipping.
*For a vegan option, use non dairy shredded Mozzarella (Daiya is a good one) and vegan pepperoni (Yves and Lightlife both make one…or make your own like this from Fat Free Vegan. I’ve made it before and it’s awesome! And easy!)
**For a healthier version, use bell peppers and/or mushrooms instead of pepperoni.