It’s more leftovers for lunch today. This pasta dish is really easy to make and very kid friendly. Very budget friendly too.
Mixed Veggie Pasta, Trader Joe’s Organic Corn Chips, Red Plum Slices, Chocolate Zucchini Muffin (he already ate part of it!)
Mixed Veggie Pasta
- 1 package small shaped pasta
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional) (you could also use Parmesan cheese)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables, water and basil, cover and cook until tender and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to veggies.
- Stir in lemon juice and nutritional yeast, if using.